Tuesday, April 21, 2009

CFA this June

It has been a long time since I updated my blog. I am currently posted at Mumbai for my summer internship; will be here for the next two months.

I give CFA Level I, offered by the CFA Institute in June. Because of the legal tussle with ICFAI, the exam center was originally not in India. So, I chose my test center as Kathmandu as did some of my other friends too. I planned to start the internship as early as possible, finish and go home, spend a week and then proceed to Kathmandu for the exam and come back to Lucknow.

On Apr 2nd, Delhi high court ruled that June 2009 CFA exams can be held in India. In one way it is good that I do not need to travel a lot of distance. But, had I known this would happen, I would have joined the internship late so that I can finish the internship and give exam in Mumbai and proceed directly to Lucknow. I need not have incurred loss on cancellation of the flight tickets to Kathmandu. But even with cancellation charges, writing in Mumbai works out to be better both economically and logistically.

More about the legal battle:
Wikipedia on Indian CFA
What ICFAI had to say?
What CFA Institute had to say?

Both of them provide a picture as if they are correct and the other party is outright wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment