Saturday, January 11, 2014

The way it was - 2013.

Needed to write a post on 2013 towards the end.  Somehow finally, managed myself today to sit and write this post!

As usual, at the beginning of every year, I am pondering on how fast the last year too has gone in a jiffy.  Moved my base from Chennai to Bangalore; shifted jobs; Helped a client in solving a problem that had been troubling them for more than a year.  Learnt a lot on and off work. Met a lot of new people and shared interesting thoughts. A new country that added to my visited-list was South Africa.  

Got my first android phone - Galaxy Grand - birth day gift from wife.  But somehow not comfortable with the 5 inch screen and weight; exchanged with my appa's Galaxy Young - for it will be much useful to him, as his regular usage involves both hands.

After 2007, re-started my car trips to Salem - for I have never driven Chennai-Bangalore or Chennai-Salem stretches to this day.

A lunch-table chit-chat turned to a very quick and memorable trip of Yercaud on one fine day at Salem.  Deepavali at Salem, family functions at Salem and Chennai helped to connect back with a lot friends and relatives.

Read a lot of books in the year which include - The Oath of Vayuputras, Outliers, Design of Everyday Things, The Lost Symbol and portions of The Man Who Knew Infinity.

Now for the new year resolution - jogging / walking daily.  I have already been following my walking course on and off for the past 2 years, just made a resolve to make it a daily habit.  Also, planning one book a month policy - started with Jaya by Devdutt Pattanaik now.

And last but not least, able to make a quick-planned trip to Tirupathi on the eve of New Year!

I hope 2014 will be even more promising, challenging and interesting.

Wish you an interesting and happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment