Monday, January 02, 2017

Books 2016

2016 was a good year for my book reading habit.  Mostly I was able to use my long commute for the same.  I generally do not like long commutes, but it so happened that that was the case.  I have been spending around 2.5 hours a day up and down in commute alone.  I do not like the commute - especially in the Bangalore traffic, but the habit of book reading is the savior.  Book reading has become an almost essential part of my life, now.

These are the books which I completed in 2016
1. The Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli
2. Richdad's Cashflow Quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki
3. Nudge: Improving decisions about health wealth and happiness by Richard Thaler et al
4. Intelligent Investor - Ben Graham
5. Scarcity: Why Having Too Little Means So Much - Sendhil Mullainathan et al
6. Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion - Robert Cialdini
7. Fooled By Randomness - NN Taleb
8. The Goal 2 - Eliyahu Goldrat
9. The Little Book That Builds Wealth by Pat Dorsey
10. Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds by Charles McKay
11. Man's Search For Meaning - Viktor Frankl
12. One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way - Dr. Robert Maurer
13. Beating the Street - Peter Lynch
14. As a Man Thinketh - James Allen
15. The Richest Man in Babylon - George Calson
16. Think and Grow Rich - Napolean Hill
17. The Way to Wealth - Benjamin Franklin
18. The Checklist Manifesto - Dr Atul Gawande

I realised that I like fiction much less compared to essays, biographies and conceptual books.

Started, but not yet completed
1. The Man Who Knew Infinity - Biography of Srinivass Ramanujan, Mathematician
2. Black Swan by NN Taleb
3. The Summons by John Grisham
-- In the first 2 instances, switched books in between - it is still on my to-read list. I did not like "The Summons" - so stopped reading.
4. The Little Book of Valuation by Aswath Damodaran (still in my list) - this is not a casual read, so waiting till I get a working time with this book.

I would like to do better in reading, this year.

2 comments:

  1. Quite an intriguing list of books on finance & psychology. It would be helpful if you can provide your rating on the books. Keep reading
    ~Prem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Prem! Will update with my reviews. Posted a snapshot on "The Goal 2" book here: http://arunatma.blogspot.in/2017/01/the-goal-2.html

    ReplyDelete