Monday, January 02, 2017

Happy New Year 2017

Wish you a very happy new year 2017!

Sometime back, I wanted to refresh my blog writing.  So, started it small in November and now in the last 2 months, I have written around 20 posts - most related to personal finance topics and products. Looks like it is a significant one considering my hibernation in the last two years.  The post I did before Nov 2016 was in Jan 2015 and that too a new year post, after a hiatus.

Seems I did well - but actually not.  I decided to do a post every day when I started.  But had to put off for many days.  Just procrastination and nothing else.  I got the inspiration from a Tamil movie "Pichaikaran" where the protagonist sticks to an arduous routine for 48 days. I thought why not I practice something for 48 days.  It did not work - though, I think I did better than nothing at all previously.  On a side note, the movie got an instant celebrity status after PM's announcement of demonetisation on Nov 8, 2016.

Similarly another activity which I wanted to renew was walking. I have been practising walking since late 2008 - but on and off.  The inspiration was my economics professor Dr. Tripati Rao, who is practising for around 20 years now!  The new year 2009 was coming, but I did not want to wait for it, I started sometime in December itself.  In the last one and half years, my long bus commute has been prefixed and suffixed by the walks.  But, I wanted to do it as an activity alone, not combined with the bus commute.  So, restarted it in the last few months. It is one of the most enjoyable activity.  I strongly recommend.  I used to use Sportstracker in the early days, now using Google Fit - I find people say it is not accurate - but works for me than having nothing.  At least I know that I am progressing.

I think I am too addicted to metrics - see I count the number of steps, count the number of blog posts that I did.  In the modern day where every minute of living generate data and metrics, it is something which we cannot avoid.  The editor (notepad++) which I am typing in keeps track of the word count, line and columns!

I plan to continue these enjoyable activities in the new year as well.

Give the 48-day challenge, an attempt! On any of the activities you like doing, you feel good doing but unable to do!

All the best to each of your individual aspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment